"United to serve our communities with excellence"
The Southern Chester County Regional Police Department, located in Chester County, PA is accepting applications for the position of part-time police officer. The Southern Chester County Regional Police Department is responsible for providing full-time law enforcement and peacekeeping services to New Garden Township, West Grove Borough, and Avondale Borough.
Applications will be available during business hours from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 pm beginning, Monday, May 6, 2019 through May 20, 2019. All requested application material and a non-refundable fee of $40.00 must be returned by May 22, 2019 at 12:00 pm. The written exam is scheduled for Saturday, June 1, 2019 at 9:00 a.m. at the New Garden Township building at 299 Starr Road, Landenberg, PA 19350.
IDEAL CANDIDATE CHARACTERISTICS:
The selection process for police officer is highly competitive. A successful candidate must possess:
- Good interpersonal skills and intelligence
- Good powers of observation and memory
- Good judgment
- Ability to understand and carry out complex oral and written instructions
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing
- Excellent moral character
- Excellent cardiovascular and physical condition
Each candidate must meet the following minimum standards to be eligible for consideration:
- Must be at least twenty-one (21) years of age by the date of probationary appointment.
- Possession of a High School Diploma or GED recognized by the Board of Education.
- Must have successfully graduated from a police academy and able to obtain their PA Municipal Police Officers’ Education and Training Commission Academy certification (Act 120 certification) or currently certified as a police officer in another State and qualified to obtain MPOETC Act 120 certification by the date of probationary appointment.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license with no revocations or suspensions within the last 3-years.
- Must be able to pass an extensive background investigation with no criminal history that precludes the candidate from obtaining a MPOETC certification.
- Possess the physical and mental skills necessary to perform the duties of a police officer.
Candidates not meeting the minimum standards or are intentionally dishonest, will be deemed disqualified from participating in the process.
To obtain additional information you may contact Southern Chester County Regional Police Department at 610-268-2907, ext. 105 or in person at 385 Starr Road, Landenberg, PA 19350.
The Southern Chester County Regional Police Department is an equal opportunity employer.